9.01.2006

obsession

...Three things I am currently obsessed with...

Tea
I used to hate tea. I couldn't even stand the smell of it. That changed when I went to Georgia to visit Moma and Pops. While I was there, I became slightly obsessed with sweet tea and it was all over. Since my visit in May, pretty much the only thing I drink anymore is water or tea. I was never a coffee drinker, but I have even come to enjoy hot tea in the morning. I've gotta have my mug of hot tea to get my work day started.

Current favorite: Fortunes Blueberry Vanilla


Fall Out Boy
I've only recently started listening to Fall Out Boy with the 2005 release of From Under the Cork Tree. And, yes, I will admit it was the radio super-hits Dance, Dance and Sugar, We're Goin Down that got my attention. I was infatuated with FOB from that moment on. I became obsessed not long after bassist and lyricist Pete Wentz's three-episode guest role on One Tree Hill. The guy is a lyrical genius for my generation. Terrible actor. Brilliant lyricist. I haven't yet been able to pull From Under the Cork Tree out of my CD player, but I am really looking forward to listening to their other two albums - someday.

Currently on repeat:
Track 8- Sophomore Slump or Comeback of the Year
Track 1- Our Lawyer Made Us Change the Name of This Song So We Wouldn't Get Sued


The Current 89.3 (Minnesota Public Radio)
I owe this one to my co-worker and dear friend, Heather, who hails from Minnesota. She knows how much I love music and how much I appreciate any exposure to new music. She suggested I try streaming The Current live on my computer. OH YEAH! I was sold within a half hour. This is an amazing station! If you like the Garden State Soundtrack, you will like The Current. I listen to it every day - all day while I am at work. I am even becoming familiar with the morning, afternoon and early evening DJs. There is no radio station in San Diego that even comes close to the greatness of The Current.

I must add... I give HUGE props to any radio station that has a Now Playing list on their website. This makes me such a happy girl. It's just so convenient when you need to find out the name of that killer song they are broadcasting - at any given point during the day.

Favorite new discoveries (thanks to The Current):
I've Been Thinking - Handsome Boy Modeling School (ft. Cat Power)
Fidelity - Regina Spektor
See the Elephant - James McMurty

1 comment:

Suzi said...

I knew you'd come around to the magic of tea eventually!

You get that love-of-discovering-new-music thing from me. I'm STILL that way, so I will be checking out The Current.

I didn't think you liked Handsome Boy Modeling School! Hmmm. Somebody I mentioned them to doesn't.