12.02.2006

my social life is my second job

Today was a pretty eventful day for me. I mean, not really, but it was a day to remember.

I quit my job at Old Navy today. I just couldn't do it anymore. It was my second job, I was only working 12-16 hours a week. But working that on-top of my job with Best Buy. I took the job on because I wanted to earn some extra money and I wanted to see what else was out there. I didn't think about how hard it would be on me, not only physically, but emotionally. Over the past month, I have had very little of a social life and had become so exhausted. My health and my sanity are more important to me than the little bit of extra money I was making. I feel bad about it, but it's a decision I have to live with. And I did what was right for me.

Tonight was the OB Tree Parade. Never in my life have I ever had so much fun at a parade. Not your typical holiday parade. We've got your surfers parading for the Surfrider Foundation, your Yoga studio advertising a healthy lifestyle and free classes, and the first-ever appearance of the "OB Circus." It was quite unique, to say the least. I really felt like I lived in a small town where everybody knew everybody and everything was just happy. It was so great! It really felt like a scene from a movie. It was such a happy moment.

I like feeling happy. It doesn't happen all that often.

1 comment:

Suzi said...

I wish you felt happy much more often, honey!

And I wish I could have gone to that parade. It sounds so fun.

I'm glad you quit that second job. It was way too hard on you.