12.30.2006

we put the "fun" in dysfunctional

I love my family. You know, like every family, we have our ups and downs. We have our disagreements, arguments, blow-outs, etc., etc. But we always stand by one another. We love each other. We make it work.

We decided in mid-2006, that instead of exchanging birthday gifts with one another, we were going to let the person whose birthday it is pick where they want to eat. We will make it a family outing and everyone attending chips in on the birthday person's meal. Genius. It's quite fun actually. We get to try new restaurants and the birthday person gets to eat for free at their favorite place!


Tonight: Kole's (late) birthday dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory.


I tell you what. When my birthday comes along, we are going our for SUSHI!!! Oh yeah. Most of my family doesn't eat sushi, but it doesn't matter. I get to pick. They can order chicken teriyaki or something. I'm gettin' me some sushi.

Speaking of birthdays... am I really going to be 27 this year?!

Yep. I sure am.

Wow.

1 comment:

Suzi said...

I can do chicken teriyaki. No problem.

Just FYI, I was 27 years old when you were born ...